While the tiny home market is much more active in the US, many new tiny options are emerging in other countries as well, giving you at least some options if you’re on the other side of the globe. Take a look at this 40’ shipping container home as an example: it’s an excellent candidate for your list if you’re on a tight budget but still want a spacious home.
Interested? There’s more! Read on and we’ll show you everything that the Aussie home has to offer:
Tiny Home Size
- 40’ long
- 8’ wide
- 9’6” tall
Tiny Home Price
$50,000, located in Bendigo, Victoria (Australia).
Tiny Home Features
- A dedicated space for a washer/dryer means you can include this one in the home to make your tiny living journey easier.
- Since it’s a shipping container home, you also enjoy the durability of one. Insulation may be an issue, but is taken care of with the AC that comes included.
- Speaking of included, many other appliances also come included in the price, making it that much more lucrative!
- Large windows that almost run the entire height of the home make living in this one a breeze, no pun intended.
- By adding spacious, modern cabinets to the walls, the home does some vertical space optimization to solve the tricky living situation.
From the outside, the home isn’t that different from any other container, except for windows and the door.
Head inside, and things change for the better, as you get a 40’ shipping container home with modern aesthetics and other goodies.
The kitchenette comes first, which has a L-shaped galley and comes with the refrigerator and cooktop.
Tons of cabinets placed on the walls make the storage reminiscent of a typical home, so your cooking experience isn’t downsized by much, if at all.
On the left is a sliding door that leads to the bathroom. Here, you get a shower, toilet and vanity placed such that they’re not crammed together.
Consider adding a cabinet or two to the walls if the current storage isn’t cutting it.
To the right is the bedroom area where a queen-size bed will fit snugly on the end and still leave some space for a mini lounge area.
A dedicated closet just beside the fridge is a nice touch, and complements the storage above the bed.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- The Bayou Princess Bungalow is Cozy and Modern
- 24′ Custom Made Tiny Home Has Premium Details, Appliances
- Brand New 28′ Tiny Home Comes With Off-Grid Upgrades
For more information about this shipping container home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.