Shipping container homes are not uncommon in the tiny home marketplace, with their 20’ or 40’ footprint, sturdy construction, the whole nine yards. However, that mundaneness is also a great foundation for building something even better. Take this Texan dwelling as an example: it’s got all of that sturdy goodness plus a deck and a price tag that makes it a feature-rich, affordable tiny home.
Sounds good? What comes next is even better!
Tiny Home Size
- 20’ long
Tiny Home Price
$27,500, located in San Marcos, TX.
Tiny Home Features
- Spray foam insulation ensures that you’re always nice and cozy, no matter what the weather is outside.
- Container construction makes this affordable tiny home a durable one too.
- Speaking of affordable, the super low price tag on this one makes it possible to turn the rig off-grid.
- While the home isn’t on a trailer, putting it on one will be a pocket-friendly affair, while towing it around will be a breeze thanks to the tow-friendly size.
- A downstairs sleeping area makes this a great option for the elderly. Add some ramps, and it can be made wheelchair-accessible too.
The exterior end shows off its huge deck and cute-as-a-button aesthetic as you gather your first impressions of the affordable tiny home. Head inside, and you’ll find a serene, modern interior that exudes a homely vibe from all corners.
First up is the living area/bedroom on the right. Due to the small footprint, you don’t get much else here, but if you absolutely need a dedicated lounge and sleeping area, a Happijac bed lift may be a good idea.
Next up is the kitchenette, which sports two galleys that will get your essentials covered as long as you select downsized appliances. Since more storage spaces are always welcome in a tiny home, throw in some cabinets on the walls and even above the bed (if you’re not going the bed lift route).
A small dining table placed just opposite can be replaced by a chair for the lack of a dedicated lounge area as well.
At the left end lies the bathroom, which comes with a shower, toilet, and sink neatly laid out to leave some walk-around space.
The two shelves above the toilet can be replaced with cabinets to provide more storage. Every little bit counts!
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- 26′ Tiny Home The Behati Has Stunning Upgrades, Boho Vibe
- 125 Sq Ft Fully Furnished Tiny Home Is The Ultimate ‘Life On The Road’ Setup!
- Tumbleweed Tiny House Is A Lofted, Certified Mobile Residence!
For more information about this affordable tiny home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.