While getting a 1 BR tiny house can be done by going with smaller models (as low as 18’), more spacious models are needed if you want to add more to your home than the bare essentials. To that end, we present this affordable 40’ home. Located in Mount Vernon but easily movable thanks to the trailer, it’s a place we would recommend to anyone that has the towing equipment to move it around.
Let’s head in, then, to get a brief idea of what to expect once you move into the place:
Tiny Home Size
- 40’ long
- 8’ wide
Tiny Home Price
$62,000, located in Mt Vernon, WA.
Tiny Home Features
- The $62K price tag is a steal all things considered – you get a partially furnished, insulated dwelling with room for upgrades as well!
- Since the 1 BR tiny house has 240 sq ft of area, it’s definitely one of the more spacious homes. Relatively speaking, of course.
- Despite its huge footprint, the home is still towable as it’s on a trailer. Keep in mind that you will need a good vehicle to move it around without a hiccup.
- The downstairs sleeping area makes the home an option for the elderly too. Throw in some ramps, and you’ve made it wheelchair-friendly as well.
- Appliances such as the refrigerator and AC are included in the price, adding to the home’s bang-for-the-buck factor.
The tough, insulated exterior is the stark opposite of the rustic and cozy interior of this 1 BR tiny house.
While there’s a bunch of windows to ensure adequate lighting, most of them can’t be opened, leaving you to rely more on the AC to keep yourself cool during the summer.
At the left end lies the living area – a space that’s perfect for a U-style couch if you don’t mind things feeling a little close to each other.
If walk-around space is paramount, switch to a 3-seater instead.
The L-shaped kitchenette galley comes next along with a dining table for two. There’s plenty of cabinets and shelves to ensure you’ve got adequate space for all your pantry essentials.
Heading right, you get a hallway that has a sliding door leading to the bathroom.
A standard shower, toilet, and sink setup is placed here and still has a bit of walk-around space left.
At the right end lies the bedroom with a queen-size bed frame that’s on an electric lift.
That’s right – you have the entire room to yourself when the bed is not in use so you can double up this space as a home office too!
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Custom 30′ Tiny House Is NOAH Certified, Features Premium Accents
- 24′ Custom Made Tiny Home Has Premium Details, Appliances
- The Bayou Princess Bungalow is Cozy and Modern
For more information about this 1 BR tiny house, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.