As we’ve covered so many tiny homes in the past, just the mention of a length of 40’ immediately brings the mind’s eye to a container home. However, some outliers like this vintage tiny home exist. Stripping a 1956 Spartan royal mansion trailer and rebuilding it completely, its superior quality and low price tag make it worthy of a spot on your shortlist, to say the least.
But wait! That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Know the home inside and out by taking a tour of the home with us below:
Tiny Home Size
- 40′ long
Tiny Home Price
$68,500, located in Austin, TX.
Tiny Home Features
- A composting toilet sets the basis of turning this home off-grid, if needed.
- Waterproof vinyl plank flooring keeps the floor durable and long lasting, and adds to the aesthetic of the vintage tiny home as well.
- Custom wood cabinetry augments that aesthetic further, and ensures you have sufficient space to store all of your belongings.
- Most of the appliances needed for tiny living come included as well. Furnish it and begin your life of adventure!
From the exterior, everything about the home is picture-perfect, with the exception of a dent near the roof on the rear passenger side and one on the trim near the living entry door. However, these aren’t major flaws, and can be fixed easily without breaking the bank.
On the inside, it’s the same story: everything’s just fine after you’re done getting rid of the small bit of rust on the two driver side panels.
To the right is the living area, which snugly fits a 3-seater couch with a couple of cabinets on top for some paraphernalia storage. Tons of windows on all sides make this area a particularly refreshing one.
Up next is the kitchenette, an L-shaped galley coupled with a dining area for four up front.
Tons of cabinets give enough storage for all your cooking ingredients and then some. In addition, the tiled backsplash and color choice accentuate the overall aesthetic of the vintage tiny home.
A few steps further and you’ll find yourself in the hallway, with the right wall being occupied by bunk beds and the left one by storage.
The master bedroom comes next, a room large enough for a queen-sized bed, plenty of cabinets all over and even a sink (to make up for a smaller bathroom).
The bathroom has a composting toilet and a shower. The water line is plumbed in if you want a regular flush toilet instead.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- 30′ One Bedroom Tiny Home Has Stunning Interiors, Details
- Turnkey Ready Tiny Home In Quebec Is Priced Below $60k
- This Wagon Tiny Home is as Small as a Teardrop Camper
For more information about this vintage tiny home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.