If you’re the DIY person who likes to furnish and build a layout to your liking but also doesn’t want to start from scratch, a shell home such as this one is the perfect intermediate. The exterior, electrical and other essentials are completed, with the interior and some aspects being left for you to design your way. Seems interesting? Take a look at this professionally built tiny home that’s a perfect example of what to expect with these:
Tiny Home Size
- 28′ long
- 8’6″ wide
Tiny Home Price
$30,000, located in Berkley, MA.
Tiny Home Features
- Durable, long-lasting and water-resistant, the zip plywood is an excellent build choice, which also gives the home a rustic touch.
- Closed cell spray foam insulation puts the ‘professional’ in this professionally built tiny home.
- Space for a 7 foot loft means you can utilize the vertical space for more living area, as long as you’re comfortable climbing loft ladders/stairs.
- Shipping is available for those of you who’d rather spend time getting the thing furnished and ready to live in rather than logistics.
At first glance, the white-and-beige backdrop surrounded by the black perimeter provides a contemporary feel. Sufficient windows make it clear that airflow and light won’t be an issue whatsoever.
Things get slightly monochromatic as you open the door and step in. That is largely due to the fact that it’s a shell, but it can be made in whatever layout and style you’d like. We’re covering an optimum layout that has worked in the past for 28′ trailers of similar price.
On the left, the space makes for a good living room area that is small but will do the job. The loft above it can be a second bedroom or a storage loft, as it is the smaller of the (potential) two.
As you head right, the larger area can divide itself between the kitchen and the bathroom, as there’s room for both. The aforementioned 7 foot loft will take up residence here, and should serve as the master bedroom.
Given you’re potentially working with two lofts on either end, you also have the option of adding stairs that meet in the middle. These are a safer choice than ladders. Stairs like these also come with storage underneath, giving you additional space to keep your paraphernalia.
In a nutshell, this one hits the mark if you’re looking for a professionally built tiny home shell that you can design to your liking, just not from the ground up.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Double Lofted Tiny Home Uses The 12′ Ceiling To The Fullest
- 40-Footed Renovated Tiny Home Is A Luxurious Trailer Under $60k!
- 400 Sf Tiny Home Has Two Bedrooms, A Decent Price Tag
For more information about this professionally built tiny home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.