Looking nothing like the shipping commodity it once was, this offgrid container home has also been added to a trailer to make it towable. With most of the things you’ll need for tiny living, plus a few creature comforts, it’s a cozy home away from home or even a permanent residence.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg! Keep scrolling and we’ll take you through a virtual tour of this forty-foot dwelling:
Tiny Home Size
- 40’ long
- 8’ wide
Tiny Home Price
$98,000, located in Spicewood, TX.
Tiny Home Features
- Operating completely on solar, you get the benefit of a super low power bill and leave a minimal carbon footprint on the environment.
- Once you throw in a composting toilet, this offgrid container home becomes ready for you to tow anywhere and live away from the hustle-bustle.
- If you prefer a better cooking area, the double galley kitchen in this one will be right up your alley.
- The 10 ton Big Bubba gooseneck makes it easily towable to your dream location.
The exterior paint is definitely a bold choice, sporting bright yellow with tropical imagery all over. If that’s not your thing, and you’d much rather have the outside look as modern as the inside does, a paint job becomes necessary.
A long passageway leads into the bathroom on the left that comes with standard fittings plus a Japanese soaking tub (with tiled backsplash).
Some cabinetry under the sink compensates for the absence of a medicine cabinet, while the arrangement makes everything easily accessible without bumping into things.
Further down the hall, you find yourself in the living area. Since there is no loft, the pull-out couch will have to be used for bedding. However, that choice makes it viable for those for whom climbing a loft ladder isn’t an option. There is enough space on the wall to fit a decently sized TV for some entertainment. The absence of a closet can be made up for by including cabinets all across the vertical space.
At the end lies the double galley kitchenette that’s nearly identical to a regular kitchen. Including the stove, fridge, and copious amounts of cabinetry, you get a complete cooking experience the moment you move in!
In a nutshell, as long as you don’t mind the exterior, this offgrid container home, with its upgraded kitchen and bathroom, is a noteworthy choice.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- 300 SQ FT Noah Certified Tiny Home Has A Stand Up Loft
- 38′ Professionally Built Spacious Tiny Home Sleeps 8
- 24′ Tiny House On Wheels Is Updated, Has 2 Bedrooms
For more information about this offgrid container home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.