Minimalism is the name of the game with this small container home. At a bargain price, you get a creative retreat that takes care of the essentials plus a little extra in a 20’ small container home.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading to find out everything in store for you with this one:
Tiny Home Size
- 20′ long
- 8′ wide
Tiny Home Price
$44,000, located in Rexburg, ID.
Tiny Home Features
- Twelve recessed and dimmable LED lights let you set the mood. Want a dim ambiance while you slog it out for a few hours? Done!
- Insulation is taken care of, letting you take this small container home nearly anywhere in the country without a hitch.
- The durability of typical shipping containers carries over to this home, allowing it to withstand harsh weather.
- While the home comes with a low-end heater, you could upgrade it to a mini split system for $1000 extra.
On the outside, the home looks no different from any other 20-foot shipping container with the exception of a glass sliding door in the middle and a couple of windows.
Head inside, and you’ll find yourself in the transformed unit, with ample natural lighting accentuated by the walls being painted with the lighter shades on the spectrum.
A kitchenette occupies the wall opposite the main door. With a mini fridge, sink, and an electric range being included, the cooking essentials are taken care of. The countertop space on the right can be fashioned into a small dining/work table if needed, as the space on the left end should be enough for one.
To the right, the space makes two layouts possible. One, you can get a 3-seater couch that pulls out with a TV on the wall. Second, you can get a Murphy bed plus a retractable table which saves space and lets you sleep and work comfortably. Storage can be taken care of by using vertical space to host cabinets and shelves.
A slide-out door reveals the bathroom that comes with three standard fittings: shower, toilet and sink.
To summarize, if you don’t mind spending a little extra on moving and furnishing, you can end up with a creative retreat for less than $50K. With electric and water connections similar to those in an RV, you can even set up this small container home in a campground!
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- 20′ Shipping Container Tiny House is Turnkey Ready
- 28′ Spacious Tiny Home in NC Has Modern Elements
- Lovely Tiny Home Provides All the Essentials for a Creative Haven
For more information about this small container home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.