Ideal for both road trips and full-time living, this 31′ budget offgrid home is a $50K residence for four that only has 55,700 miles on its diesel engine. Perched near Lake Isabella, California, it’s one of West Coast’s finest, and we definitely recommend checking it out if you’re in the area.
Can’t make the trip? No problem! Take a virtual tour of the home with us below:
Tiny Home Size
- 31’ long
Tiny Home Price
$49,995, located in Lake Isabella, CA.
Tiny Home Features
- Thanks to a fully solar setup with optional shore power plug-in, you get an environmentally conscious dwelling.
- What you see is what you get: a budget offgrid home with all the appliances and furnishings taken care of.
- Since it’s a revamped Bluebird bus, moving the home is much easier than a standard towing setup.
- The downstairs bedroom area means you can bid adieu to tight quarters and bumping-your-head-on-the-wall lofts. It also makes it suitable for the elderly.
- A myriad of windows ensure sufficient ventilation and lighting throughout all 31 feet of the home.
On the outside, the home still sports the good ol’ bus aesthetic, which can definitely be changed into something much better. Check out the links to a few other listings at the end of this post and for a couple of examples.
Inside, however, is where things go up a notch – You get a move-in ready home that comes with everything you see in the pictures (alas, except for the dog).
The right end occupies the driver’s area, while the left houses the juicy part. The kitchenette comes first on the left and is super spacious.
Opposite the countertop is the living/dining/work area which can fold down to make a twin bed, thus increasing the home’s sleeping capacity to four!
The bathroom lies just beside the living area and comes with the standard fittings plus an additional outdoor shower.
A mini laundry room also placed beside the living area is another smart use of space and looks super cute.
At the end lies the sleeping area with a king-size bed. Throw in a TV, and your Netflix binge sessions are taken care of.
All in all, the feature list and price of this budget offgrid home overshadow its drawback of a smaller width.
However, that’s nitpicking at this point and you should still find the home moderately spacious with its large length.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- 40′ Skoolie Tiny House is Modern Beauty on Wheels!
- 37’ Converted School Bus Could Be Your Tiny Home on Wheels
- 1968 Converted Bus Is A Great Example of Trash to Treasure
For more information about this budget offgrid home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.