If you’re someone who is conscious about making environmentally-friendly choices for yourself, this eco-friendly tiny house might just be the thing for you, especially if you have been considering trying out the tiny house lifestyle.
The house might be small, but it is built smartly enough to accommodate upto 2 people comfortably. Best of all, it comes at an incredibly affordable price tag- great for someone who just wants to get started.
Scroll down to discover more about the tiny house and everything it packs in.
Tiny Home Size
- 16’ long
- 8’ wide
Tiny Home Price
$24,900, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Tiny Home Features
- Crafted in recycled materials, this eco-friendly tiny house is great for someone who’s into green living. It comes with a rainwater barrel system and a composting toilet, which make it more environmentally-friendly.
- The kitchen is decently sized and comes with all essentials- a mini fridge, countertop, an oven and lots of storage space in the forms of shelves and cabinets.
- The bedroom on the loft is comfortably sized too, and has a nice, cozy vibe to it.
- The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and a shower, and the compost toilet completes the entire home, making it ready to move into.
- The house also comes with an extendable porch and an additional room.
The exterior of the house is made using recycled barn wood, but that’s not all- a good majority of the elements and parts inside are also crafted and sourced through eco-friendly channels or materials. The windows, fixtures, laminate flooring, panel walls and insulation are all sourced from Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, thrift stores or similar.
There’s a little living area with a daybed and a nice little window AC right above it to keep you cool during the hot summer months. The large window brings in a lot of natural light, which brightens up the inside of the house.
The kitchen has a lot of wall shelves, cabinets and hooks to maximize the storage space it has to offer. There’s a standard sink, a mini fridge, a toaster oven and a 2 burner hot plate along with decent countertop space for you to work on.
The stairs leading upto the loft make it more accessible, and it can easily be the most comfortable little bedroom you can rest in. What’s wonderful is the fact that unlike most other tiny houses, the loft bedroom has a height that is decent enough for you to actually sit in.
The bathroom has a 4’ long bathtub, a shower and is completely tiled. There is an outdoor tankless water heater that supplies hot water for the shower.
The highlight of this eco-friendly tiny house is the ample storage space it packs along. There’s some below the daybed, in the corner cubby of the bathroom, in the loft above the daybed and also below the fridge/oven space.
While the original structure is up for grabs, there’s also an extension added in- a room 7’ wide which can be separated too. In addition, there’s also a massive porch, which, again, can be added in or separated.
Looking for some more interesting eco-friendly tiny houses? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Eco-Friendly Converted Semi Trailer Tiny Home is Shockingly Modern
- The Window House is an Eco-Friendly Romantic Retreat.
- Tiny Eco-Design Cottage at Coldwater Gardens
For more information about this cozy and comfortable tiny home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.