If you’ve been browsing through the tiny houses, you know how a good majority of them are on wheels, allowing you the flexibility to get off the grid and travel to your heart’s content. However, that’s not what everyone really wants, and if you’ve been looking for a comfortable tiny home in and around Illinois, this one just might be the tiny house of your dreams.
A converted WWII Quonset hut, this tiny house is just blocks away from Western Illinois University and is great for anyone who’s looking to invest and turn the space into an Airbnb or a student rental.
Read on to discover everything you need to know about it, and more!
Tiny Home Size
- 572 sq ft of space
- ¼ acre of land
Tiny Home Price
$79,000 located at Macomb, Illinois.
Tiny Home Features
- Functional, spacious and with a charming vibe, this tiny house is actually a modified WWII Quonset hut.
- The living space is big enough to hold a couch (or two), an entertainment unit and a coffee table.
- The kitchen is complete with all the essentials, ready for you to cook up a storm. The little makeshift dining area looks incredibly appealing.
- The bedroom is comfortably sized, and has space to fit a queen sized bed.
- The bathroom has a standard bathtub, with the toilet and the sink separated by a shower curtain.
- The home comes with a standard air conditioning unit to keep the space cool during the hot summers.
A permanent structure built on ¼ acre of land in Macomb, Illinois, this tiny house has a comfortable, cozy vibe and is nestled in the shade of black walnut trees.
Take a step inside and you’ll find yourself in the living area that has a couch and a lot of additional space for storage cabinets, an additional couch, and even a little coffee table.
Right up ahead is the kitchen, which has a full-sized refrigerator, a double sink, a kitchen island, and drawers and cabinets to hold all your pantry essentials.
The kitchen island is elevated on one side, and with the two chairs, it is the perfect makeshift dining area for a tiny home.
The master bedroom can accommodate a queen bed and has a lot of natural light pouring in through the window.
The bathtub and toilet are separated by a shower curtain, and there’s a little bathroom sink in the middle, with some storage space below to house all your toiletries.
All in all, the home has the charm and vibe of a comfortable little home, and at the same time, lets you experience the tiny house vibe to the fullest. Priced just right, it can be a wonderful investment opportunity too!
On the hunt for some more comfortable and cozy tiny houses? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Newly Built 16’ Stylish Trailer Has a Bedroom with Skylight
- 32’ Spacious Tiny Barn Cabin is Super Affordable
- 17’ Tiny Home with Sleeping Loft Up For Grabs
For more information about this tiny house, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.