Made by kids from Alpena high school, this student built tiny home, with its 22 feet footprint, is a suitable choice for a couple. However, thanks to the loft and smart layout, it could potentially become a vacation & durable house on wheels for four as well.
Want to know more? Only a few scrolls down:
Tiny Home Size
- 22′ long
- 8′ wide
Tiny Home Price
$54,900, located in Burlington, NC.
Tiny Home Features
- Wheels make the home easily towable to your dream location, and open up the possibility of living from zip code to zip code as well.
- A $55,000 price tag, even if it’s a student built tiny home, is a really affordable one given the current tiny home market and its skyrocketing prices.
- Most appliances needed for tiny living come included, so you don’t need much to set it up and begin your tiny living adventure.
- While the loft might be inaccessible to some, it’s a superb layout choice if you don’t mind them, giving you a lot more living area to work with.
From the outside, this durable house on wheels shows off the gable roof near the door while getting flat as it goes toward the loft. The dark grey plays beautifully with the white edges, staying contemporary throughout the entire exterior. A small porch by the entrance lets you enjoy a cup of coffee and start your day basking in the sunlight.
As you walk in, you are greeted by a modest abode that still feels spacious thanks to the loft. Six windows, while small, will do the job and keep all 22 feet of the home well lit and ventilated. While it strives for a contemporary look, wood accents sprinkled throughout give it a rustic touch as well.
The door opens up into the living room that is roughly 40 square feet. This lets you comfortably set up a 3-seater couch and a coffee table with a TV up front. If you want to use this as a camper for four, ditch that coffee table and get a pull-out couch instead.
A little further and you’ll find the kitchenette.
Here, you get most of the appliances needed save for an electric cooktop.
There’s enough countertop space but you’re better off installing a few cabinets on the walls for some additional storage.
Beyond the kitchen lies the bathroom that comes with standard bathroom fixtures.
And separate shower area.
Just above the kitchen lies the loft that can easily house a queen-size mattress.
If you want a dedicated storage space, you can add a second loft above the living room as the ceiling is high enough for one.
In a nutshell, this student built tiny home is just as good, if not better than one built by a professional.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Two Bedroom Tiny Home Is Super-Spacious, Costs $70K!
- This Budget Tiny House Is Perfect For Your Adventures
- Custom Built Tiny Home Is An Aesthetic $80,000 Haven
For more information about this student built tiny home, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.