With creativity, time, and money, even a mundane transport commodity can be converted into what is now a shipping container house. Located in Romulus, it’s nearly fully furnished and comes with many features that are a cut above the rest.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading to find out everything about this one.
Tiny Home Size
- 40′ long
Tiny Home Price
$90,000, located in Romulus, MI.
Tiny Home Features
- A fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washer/dryer come included, meaning the home is nearly furnished and ready to move into.
- The inner drywalls have a layer of plywood added for extra durability.
- A 27000-BTU air conditioner is a massive improvement over the standard offerings.
- Owens Corning R19/15 fiberglass insulation means you can set up this shipping container house in nearly any zip code in the country
While originally made as an AirBnB in mind, the features of this shipping container house make it just as good as a permanent micro dwelling. Two sliding doors provide separate access to the living area and the bedroom, while the large windows provide adequate airflow and natural light throughout.
The door opens into the living room first. To the right, you get adequate space for a pull-out 3-seater couch. The space on the wall up front leaves the option to add a TV if needed.
A small table just before the kitchenette seats two and serves double duty as a dining and work area.
When it comes to the kitchenette, it has all of the accessories and appliances you’ll need for tiny living.The cabinetry is sufficient, while the space above the fridge hosts the 27,000 BTU AC.
To the right of the living room lies the bedroom, which has its own AC and snugly fits a queen-size bed
with some legroom and a closet.
Huge glass windows that nearly run the entire height of the house provide an aesthetic experience unlike any other.
At the other end of this home, just beyond the kitchen, lies the bathroom, and a pretty spacious one at that. Surprisingly, you get another AC here along with the other standard bathroom fittings. A slight change over a standard tiny home (or any home, for that matter) is the inclusion of a bathtub without a shower.
There are a lot more features in the bathroom, including but not limited to the outdoor bathing experience (with privacy windows), the electric setup for the hot tub, and a multitude of storage options.
Looking for some more tiny houses worth investing in? Here is a quick list of some of the best ones available out there.
- Move-In Ready Tiny Home Has Micro Living Essentials for $42K
- This Contemporary Tiny Home Looks Super Futuristic!
- 24’ Weekender is the Perfect Nomadic Tiny Home on Wheels
For more information about this shipping container house, check out the complete listing in the Tiny House Marketplace. Make sure that you let them know that iTinyHouses.com sent you their way.